Monday, December 8, 2008

Raising the bar one notch

... inspired by Grey's Anatomy Season 5 premiere.

Once upon a time, happily ever after..

The stories we tell are the stuff of dreams.

Fairy tales don't come true.

Reality is much stormy, much murkier, much frightening.

But reality is so much more interesting than living happily ever after.

That's just life even if you don't have a happy ending always.

I am not an experimenter; it's scary. People barely have ever-afters. But you are my person. It matters what you say and I need you to pretend that I am capable of doing things that I fail myself to believe in. We can make anything work. Let's be scared together and hold each other in times when we feel old, beaten, trenched, sloppy and freaking out.

The bar has been raised.

1 comment:

  1. With you, I learned that there could be no happy ending after all.

    Only fresh beginnings.. and they are sweeter each time.

    with all my love.. :-*

    ReplyDelete