Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The tie that binds


It's amusing and amazing how time flies. I still vividly remember how tiny my nieces and nephews were eons ago and how I changed their diapers and gave them baths as I laughed at how cute they become when they enjoy almost drowning under the shower. I saw how they turned from a cute toddler taking their first steps to seeing how tomato-looking their genitals get after circumcision and having to dress it myself with Betadine and gauze, being the only nurse in the family. It's funny how the tables have turned and the older ones get to treat me out for a night out and introduce me to their partners, even teasing me why they don't wanna get married yet because I am their idol and as long as I stay single, they would also. Goodluck to us!







Gone were the days where I was the center of attention being the youngest of five, where I had two yayo kuyas and two yaya ates. I was a spoiled brat growing up, getting almost anything I tantrumed about. Those were glorious days, or so I thought. Growing up is indeed a miracle in itself.









Relationships that matter.

Family.

It's the core.

It's the unit you'll always come back to, whether you like it or not.. indispensable.






But then again, I have my own right now. A hard core, rocking the third world, challenging beliefs core of a unique family.. capturing the present moment, this is my family - Meet the gray matters :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment