Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Shortfall



Shifting sands
Casting shadows
Life's such a mess sometimes
Just sometimes
Yet like a wind it always passes.

Bury your feet on the sand
What a confound coldness and warm protection
Move a bit and the sand shifts
Changing form and pattern
Yet it stays, only varying in angle with every movement.

Sun shining brightly
Shadow casted
Darkness sets in where the sun cannot penetrate
An image block
Yet glorious is the shadow under the extreme heat of the sun.

Life, oh life, oh life
You bring such bizarre stir
Emotions guarded
Intellect on hold
All for the zest of loving.



This song keeps me grounded, over and over..
Sometimes I believe all the lies
So I can do the things I should despise
And every day I am swayed
By whatever is on my mind
I hear it all depends on my faith
So I'm feeling precarious

The only problem I have with these mysteries
Is they're so mysterious
And like a consumer I've been thinking
If I could just get a bit more
More than my 15 minutes of faith,
Then I'd be secure

My faith is like shifting sand
Changed by every wave

My faith is like shifting sand
So I stand on grace

I've begged you for some proof
For my Thomas' eyes to see
A slithering staff, a leperous hand
And lions resting lazily

A glimpse of your back-side glory
And this soaked altar going ablaze
But you know I've seen so much
I explained it away

Waters rose as my doubts reigned
My sand-castle faith, it slipped away
Found myself standing on your grace

It'd been there all the time

Stand on grace

1 comment:

  1. I've given it some thought for your greater ease..

    whenever the frustration of helplessness seems greatest, remember that God is trying to make you see that His grace is more than sufficient. Always, look back and see how God uses your powerlessness for His purpose; that people around you may grow in vision, stature and dedication, as they witness not only your triumphs or victories, but your defeat as well.


    How can God move in if we, ourselves, are always in the way?

    Others can know Him too through your lack. And with that, you have just redefined yourself again as someone capable.

    We must not keep arguing with ourselves for our limitations unless we like being limited.


    so, are you good or are you good? :-)

    *loveyoumuch

    ReplyDelete